Now Offering Same-Day Appointments On Mondays & Fridays!

Pet Travel Certificates

Pet Travel Certificates

If you’re going to be traveling internationally and plan to take your pet with you, it’s important to be aware of exactly what will be required for your animal companion to make the trip. International health certificates are mandatory, and some countries require proof of additional vaccinations and testing.

You will find the certificate and other information about what’s required for your pet to travel at the Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) page from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). While the certificate must be prepared by a USDA-accredited veterinarian, the requirements for entry are established by each individual country. It is your responsibility to make sure your animal has the necessary documentation to travel. 

Carnegie Hill Veterinarians can assist you in getting your pet ready for your trip, including assessing whether they’re healthy enough to withstand the rigors of airline transport.

If you have further questions or want to schedule an appointment for your pet prior to travel, call us at (212) 369-5665. Bon voyage!